Welcome to Big Fish Bay!
Located on the southeast shore of picturesque Lesser Slave Lake and bordering the town of Slave Lake, Big Fish Bay R.V. Resort offers full service lakefront lots, tent sites, cabins, and group camping areas, as well as excellent fishing opportunities. Big Fish Bay is close to many amenities and a wealth of activities for you and your family to enjoy
Some of the Park’s primary features:
- Washrooms with flush toilets and running water close to all campsites
- Shower house
- Sandy beaches
- Swimming (No lifeguard on duty)
- Fishing – Walleye, Pike, Perch
- Bird watching
- Firewood available for sale
- Fire pits at all sites
- Pets welcome (some restrictions apply)
- Caretakers & Security on site
- Family reunions
- Corporate events
- Walk-ins welcome – vacancy permitting
- We accept Cash, Debit, AMEX, Visa, & MasterCard
2022 Campsite Pricing
Regular Full Service Sites
(includes power, water, and sewer)
Located at 1000 Caribou Trail NW
Slave Lake, Alberta T0G 2A0
Manager: Edie Klassen
Directions to Big Fish Bay
- Once in Slave Lake, head north on Main Street, and go to the far north end of town. At the T- intersection (Caribou Trail) turn left, and drive westbound for one kilometer. The entrance to Big Fish Bay is on the north side of the road.
- If coming from Edmonton, watch for the big blue directional highway signs, directing you to turn right (north) on Highway 88 (before arriving at the town of Slave Lake). Go three kilometers north, then turn left (west) onto Caribou Trail, and go another three kilometers. Watch for sign on the right hand side of the road to Big Fish Bay.
- If coming from the west, turn left (north) on Caribou Trail before you get to the town of Slave Lake. Go about 2.5 km, cross the tracks, and the Big Fish Bay entrance will be on your left.
Policies and Park Rules
Big Fish Bay requires 14 days notice for campsite cancellation and 30 days notice for cabin/bungalow cancellation. No refund will be issued for cancellations made after cancellation cut-off.
A $20 fee will apply to all reservations cancelled with enough notice given. A request for refund for any cancellation will only be granted if the request is made at least 14 days prior to check in date for campsites and 30 days for cabins/bungalows.
Long weekend and specific site reservations cannot be cancelled and are non-refundable. For cancellations with less than the above-stated notice, we charge full rate + GST.
- Cannabis Consumption is prohibited except inside the camper’s personal RV as per Town of Slave Lake bylaws. Since Big Fish Bay R.V. Resort is within the Town limits and is located on leased land, there is to be no consumption around site fire pits, in any public location or in any of the campground buildings. Click on this link to see the full bylaw: Cannabis Consumption Bylaw.
- No smoking or vaping allowed inside any of the campground buildings.
- Please obey all posted speed limits and watch for children.
- Quiet time is 11:00 PM to 7:00 AM. Please be considerate of your neighbours at all times.
- Do not insert sewer hoses more than 6 inches down. For safety, please turn water off when your trailer is unattended.
- Pets must be leashed at all times and not left unattended. Please pick up after your pet. Note: Due to safety concerns over aggressive dogs, we are unable to allow the following types of dogs into the campground: Doberman Pinscher, Rottweiler, Pit Bull, Chow, Wolf, Mastiffs, Akita, or any other type of aggressive dog breed.
- A non-refundable Pet Fee of $25 per night will be applied to all bungalows and cabin rentals. in order to keep the furniture and bedding allergy safe for all customers.
- The beach and playground areas are unsupervised. Please watch your children.
- Fires must be contained inside the fire pits and must not be left unattended.
- Please do not throw garbage into the fire pits.
- Cutting of trees inside the park is not permitted at any time.
- Garbage must be disposed of in one of the park-provided dumpsters.
- Fish guts should be disposed of in the deep freeze provided for this purpose, located in the fish cleaning shack.
- There are red, white, and blue barrels for recycling bottles and cans located in various locations and near the dumpsters – please do not throw garbage into these cans.
- No Fireworks are allowed EXCEPT on July 1st.
- And the most important rule of all: HAVE FUN!