Welcome to Big Fish Bay!
Located on the southeast shore of picturesque Lesser Slave Lake and bordering the town of Slave Lake, Big Fish Bay R.V. Resort offers full service lakefront lots, tent sites, cabins and group camping areas, as well as excellent fishing opportunities. Big Fish Bay is close to many amenities and a wealth of activities for you and your family to enjoy
Some of the Park’s primary features:
- Clean washrooms & showers
- Sandy beaches
- Swimming (No lifeguard)
- Fishing – Walleye, Pike, Perch
- Bird watching
- Firewood available
- Fire pits at all sites
- Pets welcome (some restrictions apply)
- Caretakers on site / Security
- Family reunions
- Corporate events
- Reservations accepted
- We accept Cash, Debit, AMEX, Visa & MasterCard
Located at 1000 Caribou Trail NW
Slave Lake, Alberta T0G 2A0
15602A – 102 Street
Grande Prairie, AB T8X 0K7
Directions to Big Fish Bay
- Once in Slave Lake, head north on Main Street, and go to the far north end of town. At the T- intersection (Caribou Trail) turn left, and drive westbound for one kilometer. The entrance to Big Fish Bay is on the north side of the road.
- If coming from Edmonton, watch for the big blue directional highway signs, directing you to turn right (north) on Highway 88 (before arriving at the town of Slave Lake). Go three kilometers north, then turn left (west) onto Caribou Trail, and go another three kilometers. Watch for sign on the right hand side of the road to Big Fish Bay.
- If coming from the west, turn left (north) on Caribou Trail before you get to the town of Slave Lake. Go about 2.5 km, cross the tracks, and the Big Fish Bay entrance will be on your left.
Policies and Park Rules
Big Fish Bay requires 14 days notice for cancellations. A $20 cancellation fee will apply to all reservations that are cancelled. A request for refund for cancellations will only be granted if the request is made at least 14 days prior to check in date. Long weekend and specific site reservations are not included and non-refundable. If given less than 14 days notice, we charge full rate + cancellation fee + GST.
- Cannabis Consumption is prohibited except inside the camper’s personal RV as per Town of Slave Lake bylaws. Since Big Fish Bay R.V. Resort is within the Town limits and is located on leased land, there is to be no consumption around site firepits, in any public location or in any of the campground buildings. Click on this link to see the full bylaw: Cannabis Consumption Bylaw.
- No smoking or vaping allowed inside any of the campground buildings.
- Please obey all posted speed limits and watch for children.
- Quiet time is 11:00 PM to 7:00 AM. Please be considerate of your neighbours at all times.
- The gate will lock at 11:00 PM and open at 6:00 AM. Keys are available on request.
- Do not insert sewer hoses more than 6 inches down. For safety, please turn water off when your trailer is unattended.
- Pets must be leashed at all times and not left unattended. Please pick up after your pet. Note: Due to safety concerns over aggressive dogs, we are unable to allow the following types of dogs into the campground: Doberman Pinscher, Rottweiller, Pit Bull, Chow, Wolf, Mastiffs, Akitas or any other type of aggressive dog breed.
- NO PETS of any kind are allowed inside the bungalows or cabins in order to keep the furniture and bedding allergy safe for all customers.
- The beach and playground area is unsupervised. Please watch your children.
- Fires must be contained inside the fire pits and must not be left unattended.
- Please do not throw garbage into the fire pits.
- Cutting of trees inside the park is not permitted at any time.
- Please dispose of your garbage at one of the dumpsters provided in the park.
- Fish guts should be disposed of in the deep freeze provided for this purpose, located in the fish cleaning shack.
- There are red, white and blue barrels for recycling bottles and cans located near the dumpsters.
- No Fireworks are allowed EXCEPT on July 1st.
- And the most important rule of all: HAVE FUN!